Translate

Friday, December 20, 2013

Message To The Men: Never tire of doing good

First let me say, I am a Christian but I am still weak and many times I have been on the boarder of giving up the Christian walk



I have a mix group of friends. I have friends that are Christians and others that are not or they grew up in the church, but church is not something of high importance. More like something that they grew up in and is a familiar social environment but never made a conscious decision to follow God.

The friends that don't really follow Christ. Lets call them Group X

Friends of Group X so many times over and over again have had sex with multiple girls with no consequence. Messed around with multiple girls at the same time, while they had girlfriends, while the girls had boyfriends and each time they walk away clean as whistle. I remember once making out with a girl on one occasion and it turning to a huge mess. 

I look at their life and its frustrating because here I am being the nice guy.

(What is sad is I love the color grey :/)

Saying no and purposely not placing myself in situations where I might have sex, I thought God would bless me with a wholesome Christian relationship, but instead I'm left with frustrating situations literally one after the other while my friends engage in the joys of the flesh without consequences. God what happen to consequences? What happen to repercussions when someone does something bad? Why am I getting the short end of the stick?

My friends would see this and laugh so many times because they see the struggle and they are like "Wow Xavier...you should just screw a chick just once and get it over with" and many times I have considered it.

My mind plays back on all the girls who I know I could have sex with. I think about how it easy it would be. Most of them have their own place and I know if I play the "I don't give a crap about you but I'll pretend I do" charm that I'll easily get them to sleep with me no problem or at least fool around with them.

But I in the end of the day I can not give up on doing what I know God wants me to do.

"For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life. Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary. So then, while we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, and especially to those who are of the household of the faith." - Galatians 6:9

For those reading this, you don't know how weary I am. Sometimes I am at the end of my rope with doing good.

But for me to be angry at God for not allowing me to be in a relationship is like, a child getting upset at a parent for not buying them something expensive in the store. Everyone in school has this thing, all their friends were able to enjoy the wonders of this expensive object and the child feels like the parents are holding back out of just pure spite. A parent clothes the child, feeds the child, gives all the proper attention and necessity for the child to grow but yet the relationship of the child is strained when he or she don't get their way. The parent is not purposely holding back out of being malicious but the parent, knowing better than the child , knows that at that moment it would not be to the best interest of the child to have that object.



God in many ways is similar. He clothed me, He has blessed me tremendously in a whole bunch of different areas and here I am upset at Him because He is not allowing me to be in a relationship. In return I'm tempting to destroy the temple where He resides.

Yes us as single men in Christ will be tempted to give up the road of singleness for meaningless sex, but remember what we are called for. Remember what Christ died for. He died so we wouldn't have to carry the burden of sin with us to the afterlife. He has called us for something greater, something Holy, something grand. We are not called to follow the trend of the sex life.

"Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—His good, pleasing and perfect will." - Romans 12:2

Have faith and hold steadfast Christian men do not lose faith!!

E-mail me at:  Single.Xavier23@gmail.com if you have any questions, opinions, or have a prayer request.

No comments:

Post a Comment