Translate

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Letter To My Future Daughter


Although in the moment I am living a single life from time to time I do think about my future family. I think more about my kids then I do my wife

Crazy I know

Most men think about the future wife they want to marry, how she'll look like, what kind of personality she'll have, but no not me.

I think about my kids, especially my daughter.



Its in thinking about my daughter that makes me understand God even more. The reason is, is because for me I can't wait until my daughter is born. I don't know why but I just want to pour out ever bit of love unto her. I want to tell her every day I love her and how pretty she is. I want to be there when she falls to pick her up. I want to be there in the good moments and in the bad moments. I know she might go through her rebellious stage and not want to say I love you back, but to me that doesn't matter because I want to show her that love. I picture tucking her into bed reading Bible stories and praying with her. Just pouring out every single drop of love and helping her to become on fire for Christ. I want her to be better than me in every single way. I want her to be funnier than me, smarter than me, more outgoing than me. I want her to be 10x the person I am and ever will be. Just typing this gets me excited because I can not WAIT until I have a daughter. I'm just literally itching for the day I can hug her and give a big kiss and say "Daddy loves you SOOO much"

And in many ways that is Christ's love for us.

"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from You when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in Your book before one of them came to be." - Psalms 139: 14-16

"No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord." - Romans 8:37-39 
 
"This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through Him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins." - 1 John 4:9-10

"But God demonstrates His own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." -Romans 5:8

God loved us before we were even born, before we even breathed our first breath He loved us and already had plans for us. He loved us so much so He committed the most ultimate of sacrifices in order so that we can spend eternity with Him. He seeks after us every single day. He wants great things for us. Even when we mess up. Even when we fall short He is there ready to accept us with open arms. 

C.S. Lewis in the book, Problem of Pain, He breaks God's love for us so well

"If God is Love, He is, by definition, something more than mere kindness. And it appears, from all the records, that though He has often rebuked us and condemned us, He has never regarded us with contempt. He has paid us the intolerable compliment of loving us, in the deepest, most tragic, most inexorable sense."

"We were made not primarily that we may love God (though we were mad for that too) but that God may love us, that we may become objects in which the Divine love my rest 'well pleased'. To ask that God's love should be content with is as we are is to ask that God should cease to be God: because He is, His love must, in nature of things, be impeded and repelled by certain stains in our present character, and because He already loves us He must labor to make us lovable"

God is Love so by definition He is not just satisfied with the norm, He made us for Him to love us, for us to be something greater for what we are!

So here is my letter,

"Dear Daughter,

I just want to tell you I love you. I love you so much it's crazy. I love you so much because Christ lives inside my heart, and with all the love He has poured out to me I just want to pour it out unto you. The love I can give in no way shape or form can compare to the love of Christ. He is Love. He is the author of love. He is love in the flesh, love in the spirit. He died for you, carried whatever sin you had and took it with Him on the cross. He went to the depths of Hades for you, and came back for you, and rose again for you so that He can spend eternity with you. I think of the love that Christ has for me and I just want so bad to give you just an ounce of that love. I know there will be times were you'll hate me, and not think of me as the coolest dad. I know you won't agree with all the decisions I make for you, and I will make mistakes myself but just know I love you, I love you, I love you. I want the love of Christ and the love I've shown you to set up bars and standards, I want a man of God to have to go through hoops to see you because God will have lifted you on high with a love for him that is deeper than the ocean. I want you to be 10x better than me. Not because I am trying to live my dreams through you but because I want you to soar like a eagle with the Holy Spirit as the wind guiding you. I want you to be the best because you are my child and even more a child of God. I care about you so much it's crazy. I pray that the man that takes your hand in matrimony loves you 10x as much as I love you. And if takes some time and you are single, don't think that it's a bad thing. God has someone for you. It might not be that you aren't ready, but they are not just yet ready. So pray for your future husband that he might learn to walk in Christ. But until then, be that majestic eagle I want you to be. Enjoy God in everyway. Be with Him. Love Christ more than you love me, because He is love. He is the author of love. So let Him and give Him room to write love in your life."

Love,

Your Earthly Father



 

No comments:

Post a Comment